exterior

New center for USBC Championships opens in Las Vegas

The work is finally complete on the South Point Hotel and Casino $35 million tournament facility. A full schedule of events will begin today after signing a 12-year deal with the United States Bowling Congress, Las Vegas Events (LVE), and the Las Vegas Convention Center and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) in April. The South Point Hotel has scheduled 122 days in 2015, 210 days in 2016 and 31 days of tournaments in 2017.

South Point Bowling Plaza offers a state-of-the-art, customized facility that was strictly designed with the needs of a tournament bowler in mind,” said Ryan Growney, South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa general manager. “Having built five bowling facilities throughout his career, Michael Gaughan’s experience in the bowling industry has allowed us to create an unparalleled tournament bowling plaza that will generate hundreds of millions of dollars in economic impact to this city.

The newly renovated, 90,000 square facility, features 60-lanes with parallel rows of 30-lanes, a 360-seat viewing area and a 720-unit locker room. In addition to the new bowling accommodations, the facility will also feature a 350 seat squad room with team photo booths, stub lane, ball check station and bracket lane. As well, Brunswick, Daktronics and USBC have partnered to create multiple 167-foot state-of-the-art digital displays with advertising capabilities that spans across two 30-lane competition floors.

Michael Gaughan and his team have created a breathtaking arena that is perfect for our championships and brings great pride to the entire bowling industry,” said Chad Murphy, USBC executive director. “We are extremely grateful to have such outstanding support from South Point, Las Vegas Events and LVCVA helping create a spectacular experience for USBC members as they come and enjoy all Las Vegas has to offer.

According to the new agreement, South Point Bowling Plaza will be obligated to host several annual USBC events, including the USBC’s Women’s Championship in 2016 and the USBC Open Championships in 2017, bringing in an additional 40 tournaments, short duration events and conventions to Las Vegas. Other events include the USBC Masters, USBC Queens, USBC Senior Masters and USBC Team USA Trials.

South Point Hotel is able to accommodate an estimated 27 percent of its visitors, leaving the remaining 73 percent to occupy the surrounding hotels throughout the city of Las Vegas.

Las Vegas and the new world-class bowling plaza at South Point Hotel and Casino offer the perfect backdrop for the United States Bowling Congress Open Championships and Women’s Championships,” said Rossi Ralenkotter, president/CEO for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “This is a strong partnership that leverages the proud heritage of bowling and a state-of-the-art, multi-million-dollar tournament facility with the excitement and energy of Las Vegas. That’s a winning combination.

For more information, visit Bowl.com and for further information about the new addition to the South Point Hotel and Casino, visit www.southpointcasino.com/

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: